Wondering what UC Merced will look like within the next 30 years with 25,000 students? The long-awaited planning documents are now available for public viewing and comment.
2009 Draft Long Range Development Plan (LRDP)
- The most detailed preview to date of the physical layout and character of the campus when completed
- Establishes LEED Gold as the baseline for all new construction. The first university in the country to do so.
- Important new “net zero” goals:
-- To produce no net carbon emissions,
-- And to produce no landfill waste by 2020.
Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report
- Describes the overall environmental impacts of full campus development based on the revised campus “footprint,” including a one-third reduction in impacts on wetlands.
- Required part of the process for obtaining a federal permit under the U.S. Clean Water Act.